How do I get assistance during the conference?
Please contact us with any questions, concerns or requests for assistance during the conference. The help desk will be staffed 24/7 during the main conference.
The help desk can provide direct links to any session or page, and offer navigation tips. It can also help you browse the program and choose which sessions to attend.
Using captions at IFLA WLIC 2021
Other options for automated captions that may be more accurate and have less delay are:
- If you are using Google Chrome, you can turn on the browser’s captioning feature.
- You can use speech-to-text applications like Otter.ai (iOS and Android) and LiveTranscribe (Android and iOS) to pick up livestreaming audio.
Using Delegate Connect with a screen reader
Accessing IFLA WLIC 2021 with browser magnification
Accessing IFLA WLIC 2021 using keyboard navigation
- Skip navigation: The first tab stop on each page is a ‘Skip to main content’ link that bypasses the top and left navigation menus and allows efficient access to the main content of each page.
- Navigating the menus: Many of the navigation menu items have sub-menus that open automatically when the item receives keyboard focus. When tabbing forwards, the tab chain includes all items in the sub-menu, but when tabbing backwards, only the top level menu items are included. The most efficient way to keyboard navigate the menus is to jump to the main content, tab backwards to the menu item you want, then tab forwards through the sub-items.
- Closing sub-menus: The sub-menus cannot be closed using ‘Escape’, and some include a large number of options (especially the theme type and program options.) To back out of one of these menus, you could reload the page, navigate backwards past the items with sub-menus, or jump the keyboard focus back to the start of the page, follow the ‘Skip to main content link’, then press ‘tab’ again to start navigating within the main content. This will close any open sub-menus.
Technical support: The pink bubble for requesting technical support is not keyboard accessible. Instead, use the ‘Contact Us’ menu item to get technical support, or contact the accessibility help desk.
- Hamburger menu: In the mobile layout, all menus are collapsed into a single hamburger menu. The menu opens automatically when it receives keyboard focus. Use the ‘tab’ key to navigate within the menu, and ‘enter’ to open and close the submenus. The ‘X’ to close the hamburger menu is not keyboard accessible. The menu will close when you navigate to a new page. To close the menu without making a selection, navigate back to the top of the page, follow the ‘Skip to main content’ link, then press tab. The hamburger menu will close as you start to navigate within the main content of the page.
- Skip navigation: The ‘Skip to main content’ link bypasses the hamburger menu and allows efficient access to the main content of the page.
- Technical support: The pink bubble for requesting technical support is not keyboard accessible. Instead, use the ‘Contact Us’ menu item to get technical support, or contact the accessibility help desk.
For further details on IFLA WLIC Accessibility FAQ's, please head to the following link: here